Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Happy Anniversary Challenge (#52)






We are pleased as punch to announce our 52nd Challenge. This makes a whole years worth of Challenges. We've been online for a little over a year, so we have passed our year anniversary. Kinda didn't even notice. We are thrilled that we have offered you a whole year of crafty goodness.


In order to make this Challenge reflect our laid back attitude toward crafting, our Challenge this week is:




Make Something




Yup, it's that easy. Just make SOMETHING this week.



Doesn't matter what it is: card, bookmark, wreath, canvas, journal page, dinner, toaster cozy...







Then post it on your blog and leave us a link in the comments.






* * *





Rosemary here - I have missed being over here at my favorite playground - I have had a serious health issue within my family that is resolving favorably now (YAY) and so I have not set foot in my craft room to make something in seemingly FOREVER. A big thank you to Jana who kept the blog running. She's not only a wonderful friend but a creative force to be reckoned with!

Can you believe it that we've had a year of bloggy goodness and it's amazing because it has gone by in a blur! We hope you've enjoyed the challenges, I love that we've expanded our folowers and you seem to enjoy the fun and freewheeling nature of an Opus Gluei challenge! (This blog wouldn't exist or be as fun if it weren't a collaboration with a dear person like Jana)

For this challenge I decided to take on a previous challenge I missed - SPARKLE. Now, knowing me you're thinking uh oh, more girly lacey sparkling blingy stuff. Oh, you know me well (wink).

HOWEVER, I actually decided to up the ante on myself and NOT use girly/romantic items in my sparkling project. I made a birthday card with an outer space theme for my nephew who will be 9 very shortly.

I went with lots of glittery Stickles and some pop dots for my planets, the little alien dude, and the stars. I'm a child of the original Star Trek generation so I think there are swirly glittery planets and those with giant green dots (could be land masses).

Did I do okay for not being the hopeless romantic for once?


* * *

Jana here: This week I made SOMETHING with my daughters. Nothing too fancy or complicated.



We made a Ledge Garden for the kitchen/family room.










This is the "pass-thru" between the kitchen and family room. A few weeks back, Melissa decided we needed to plant a garden. I told her we could when she cleaned her room. She finally cleaned it up this morning. All the supplies used are from Target. Even the little Garden Gnomes. (Ignore the dirty cups in the background.)









(We have Basil, Oregano, Chives, Marigolds, Zinnias, Sunflowers, Baby's Breath and a Pine tree.)






It felt kinda plain and simple, you know for a weekly project, so I added a frame to the photo. It really MAKES the garden, don't cha think!?!?!?!? LOL. Don't be fooled though, if you have ever dealt with kids, you know that there was a great deal of complication involved in this project. And a huge mess too. It was worth all the dirt on the kitchen table and floor. We had fun and will get to watch things grow. (I hope.)




Show us what you made this week!

27 comments:

Deena said...

I did a lot this week...went to a crop and got 13 card kits made, 1 scrapbook page, 9 cards, a book mark and a paper bag purse...what a good weekend for getting something done! Here is a link to my cards..I did them for last week's challenge of a set of something, but didn't get them posted fast enough...oh well. http://adeenacard.blogspot.com/2010/04/project-365-75-dee-lish.html

Electra said...

In honour of your spiffy card, Rosemary, I was in Vulcan about an hour ago. How's that for Star Trekky goodness? Hey, Poobahs, how about you tell us how this all came about? I'm really curious. Like, were you talking about recipes on the phone and then one of you said, "Hey, let's start a fun challenge blog and write a deep, spiritual manifesto for it and call it the Order of the Opus Gluei!"?

Kristen H said...

Great creations... but when you leave it so open now I feel challenged to REALLY wow you gals. HMMMM what should I make? I could make my bed, I don't normally do that! I am making something every day, so hmmmm! let's see! I'll be back.

you can put my green horn picture on the side bar ;)

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary!!!! i agree this is definitely a challenging challenge lol-so here is my layout:

http://scraphappie.blogspot.com/2010/04/rockin-it-with-accidently-kelly-street.html

xo
sarabeth

Amrita said...

Congratulations! You are doing so good spreading creativity and color around.

The ledge garden is so cute

Amrita said...

The new header and background is adorable

Chat Noir said...

Not a bit of glue on this, and I'm with Kristen, I COULD have made the bed, but that would have been boring!! So here it is....

http://blackcatsmiaow.blogspot.com/2010/04/happy-anniversary-opus-gluei.html

Robin said...

congrats on #52, and here's to 52 more!!! Great work gals...
here's my entry

Cheers, Robin

Stef H said...

my first time here.... too much fun. Here's my card!

Divya Rao said...

Hey congratulations! Keep the versatile challenges coming, they're so fun :) I've made quite a few things this week, including a huge mess as we've just moved houses, lol! I'm waiting to unpack my craft stuff and get creative!
Great job, again! Good luck :)

Katie said...

Great challenge as I'm always making something! LOL
here's my card

Terry @ Krazy's Place said...

Happy Anniversary! Just making something can at times be difficult!
But I managed to make a card ;)

Ivolina said...

Happy Anniversary! I am happy to be part of your challenges.
Lovely work, girls.
My card is here
http://ivolina-mycrafts.blogspot.com/2010/04/blog-post_28.html

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Hello...and happy anniversary! This past week I've been working on a beach book for my sister. I'm having so much fun working with these colors, and the adorable pictures she took of my nephew! You can see it here

Maria Matter said...

AWESOME creations Ladies!!!
Happy Anniversary to you!!!
Here's a happy card for ya...
... Joyful Stamper: CCC-April Showers...

Blessings!

Scrappy said...

Fantastic challenge! Here is a card I made for it:

http://big-scrappy-world.blogspot.com/2010/04/bugaboo-card-and-tutorial-day.html

Le said...

Here is my wedding invitations that i prepared yesterday.
I love your challenge.
http://lenetart.blogspot.com/2010/04/blog-post_28.html
Thanks for looking!

Tammy Miller said...

great challenge, here is a card I did for the challenge http://createwhenican.blogspot.com/2010/04/sponsor-card-for-smc.html

Deb Neerman said...

LOVE your fabulous "somethings!" You can see my something HERE.

Happy Anniversary and here's to another Gluei year!!

Le said...

Hi again,
see my project here: http://lenetart.blogspot.com/2010/04/blog-post_29.html
thanks for challenging me!

Jessica G. said...

Happy anniversary, Poobahs! I made something (and finally posted it)that fits in for this fun challenge:

http://jessobsession.blogspot.com/2010/04/order-of-opus-gluei-celebrates-full.html

Deborah March said...

Here's one from me!
http://cardsandthings.blogspot.com/2010/04/yummy-goodness.html

Tammy Miller said...

here is my creation http://createwhenican.blogspot.com/2010/04/something-different-at-smc.html

Electra said...

OK, I made something. here it is

Thanks for the challenge, ladies, and Whistle, Clap, Cheer to you both!

Bobbi said...

Congrats on 52 challenges
I "MADE SOMETHING" check it out

http://icaughtthebug.blogspot.com/

Tyggereye said...

Great job on the header Jana!! Love it! ;)

Donelda said...

Okay, so you ladies sound like a lot of fun!! I love challenges but have been very busy these days. I'm going to try to participate if I can this week. I'm so glad that you included the information on your side bar about posting dates ... this is so confusing on some sites!!!