Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Challenge #15 - Nice Day for a White Wedding - or Just Make Something Special in White

For last weeks Patriotism challenge we had two participants. Phinny made this collage as her entry to the challenge this week. Her interpretation is one of the great examples of how this country is fabulous. In plenty of other countries a collage like this would land one in jail or worse.


We truly are blessed to be Americans. And even more so to be women in Amercia.

We also got a contribution from Crafty Craftola - a recipe for Blueberry Sangria Lemonade (ah yum!!!) Patriotic? Sure, she's going to serve it on the Fourth of July! Sounds pretty good to me!





Remember it is never too late to participate in any of our challenges.

Now on to this weeks challenge:



Rosemary here:
I couldn't let June end without a nod to its reputation as the traditional wedding month (although October is becoming more and more popular all the time).

I love weddings. Weddings are so full of promise; of a lifetime of love as a couple goes forth into the great unknown of life with optimism and hope that they can weather it all together.


But not everyone wants to make a project with a wedding theme, sooooo.....how's about this for our theme this week:


Make something on either the theme of Wedding/Marriage or with White as the primary color of your project! That leaves you lots of room to interpret as you will! And we can't wait to see what you make!

And I'm going to have to post mine a little later to this - because, as you may well know, I have a seriously ill family member and I've been spending a lot of time taking care of her. But I will have something to inspire you with - but I didn't want to hold things up. So, onto Jana (who is conscientious and finished her project!)

Jana here: I don't have any weddings coming up, so I really didn't want to make a card. I didn't get married in white, so MY wedding pics are out. Hmmmm. What's a girl to do? Well, I'll tell you what I did. I made a gluebook page. Actually 2 of them. I kind of cheated on the second page, which is actually the first page you see in the book because I made the right page first and the left page was an after thought. But here it is.


I was going for



BRIDE GOT LOST IN THE PLANNING



as the theme for the first (right side of the layout) page.











Second (left side of the layout) page is just for fun.



No theme or message.









Here they are together.




NOW LET'S SEE WHAT YOU CREATE!

7 comments:

Chat Noir said...

Love this idea, though it was hard to find too many white things. Everything I have is BLACK and white!! Including some beautiful ribbons....

Anyway, even though its scary being first, here's my entry.

http://blackcatsmiaow.blogspot.com/2009/06/opus-gluei-15-nice-day-for.html

Unknown said...

That is a gorgeous card, Char Noir. (The other black cat girl here! *wink*) Love the embossing.

And Jana - I had forgotten how fun doing a glue book collage is until I did mine for the last challenge and saw yours here. Love the pages and your message on the right is really clear and powerful.

Rosemary - (((( hugs )))) and prayers to you and your family member. I've been taking care of my mother for 11 months and I know how hard it is to be a care-taker. Be sure to take care of YOU, too, k?

Love the white challenge this week. I may dig out an art journal I started (I have many ongoing art journals - love them!). The theme is white and it's very shabby chic with lots of whites and vanillas and cream colors with pale tan, pink, blue, etc. We'll see, but I will def be adding a project this week so I will be back later with whatever my muse has in mind.

Have a good week, all!

Unknown said...

Heeeeeere's Phinny's:
http://phourphinny.blogspot.com/2009/06/opus-gluei-challenge-create-something.html

lol *grin*

Sarah said...

this is my first time posting here, so thanks for the opportunity.. i've made a lot of cards (a lot being like 5.. lol) for weddings, but this was special...

http://scraphappy4ever.blogspot.com/2009/07/im-on-roll.html

Meikoningin said...

Here is my contribution :D

http://creations-blog.blogspot.com/2009/07/in-this-house-market-street-1.html

Unknown said...

HeY! Where are our fearless leaders?

Happy Sunday to all - hope you are enjoying the long holiday weekend.

Pretty card, Sarah, and WOW, Meikoningin - stunning collage. Love the imagery and text.

~phinny

Kristen H said...

Oops i guess I forgot to post my white wedding, no wonder you didn't proudly display it. My Bad!